Nut Butter Equipment
Nut-based and sweet spreads have posted astonishing retail growth figures over the last five years, and sales show no sign of slowing any time soon. Mintel predicts the domestic U.S. market could reach $6.5 billion by 2018. The category encompasses much more than peanut butter. There are popular varieties made from almonds, hazelnuts or alternative bases, such as cashews. Consumers want choice. They’re looking for different flavors, added spices or innovative products that offer health benefits in the form of extra vitamins. Healthy additives and natural ingredients can bump nut butter up to the level of a premium or gourmet spread.
AC Horn Manufacturing constructs nut butter mills unique within the industry, mills that allow you to take advantage of market opportunities for premium and gourmet spreads, or ordinary nut butters with extraordinarily smooth consistency.
Horn bought Cantrell International several years ago, and entered the nut butter market. Cantrell was the original concept designer of Bauer nut butter mills during the 1920s. Today, even a brand new nut butter mill is often referred to as a Bauer, which is renowned for consistency and longevity. Since the Cantrell International purchase, Horn has adapted and improved the design to provide a high-quality machine that meets industry standards.
Our mills will last for generations, to grind a wide range of nuts and seeds. Here are just a few of the unique features that differentiate a Horn nut butter mill to set us apart—and put us ahead—of the competition:
- “Mortar and pestle” approach creates a more consistent, smooth end product
- High heat load allows customers to blend other ingredients such as stabilizers or salt, into the finished product without agglomeration
- Parallel plate structure grinds product at the same, exact distance across the surface of the plates, for greater product consistency
- Screw feeder controls the product feed into the attrition chamber, enabling a consistent, even feed of added ingredient (salt, sugar or stabilizers)
- Ability to process high oil content (35% or higher) nuts or seeds
- Variety of plates meet your grind profile requirements
As if that isn’t enough, add one final feature. As far as durability, our mills can’t be beat. We’re still servicing mills sold to our customers more than 50 years ago.